Saturday, March 24, 2007

My first pair of socks.


Here is my very first pair of socks I knitted. Sitting next to Mary Jo at community meetings I could not help being fascinated by her sock knitting skills. I have been knitting on and off for many years, lately mostly hats on circular needles. But I have never knitted on a 4 double pointed needles. Creation of heel and toes was a complete mystery to me. Well, no more. Mary Jo turned me into a sock fanatic and I have been turning one pair after another. This striped pair was made from self-pattering Opal yarn, using 4 double pointed needles size #1.
The picture of these socks made it on the cover of Mary Jo's DVD, The Zen of Socks. They also made a trip to Europe and back. What can I say, my most precious socks .......


The purple/grey wool socks I made for my son who loves to snow board. They keep his feet nice and toasty. The yarn is worsted wool, I used #5 needles, cast on 40 stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment