Monday, June 11, 2007

My first pair of socks with my hand painted yarn!




I just finished the first pair of socks with the yarn that I painted, and I like them very much. The yarn and the socks are very soft, due in large part to the soft plying of the yarn. It is slightly more prone to split as I knit, but not enough to be annoying. There was 462 yards on the skein, so I have enough for a pair of child's mittens or socks. The yarn is 75% Superwash wool, 25% nylon, fingering weight, knit on #1 DP bamboo needles.

2 comments:

  1. Wearing a pair of socks you have made is very satisfying - but it must take the cake to actually knit socks you have spun and dyed yourself too! I love the colour and they look great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    Thanks for the nice comments on the hand dyed yarn. The pink and green was my favorite, too, although it's hard to make a choice. I didn't spin the yarn - that project will have to wait until I'm retired. I used to live in Queensland, in St. Lucia, Brisbane, and my youngest child was born there. I enjoyed looking at your blog.

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete