Sunday, May 25, 2008

More hand dyed yarn

We spent the Memorial Day weekend dyeing 30 skeins of yarn. We had perfect weather for it, and had a great time. My guest dyer was my good friend Nancy Wright. Now she is totally addicted the process, along with the rest of us. She's not even a sock knitter! We got into naming the yarns. As you can see by the photo, one of my yarns is named Martha Washington after my geranium. The yarns should appear on the website, www.societysocks.com, in our yarn store by next weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mary Jo,
    Looks like you two had a really fun weekend. Are you going on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a wonderfully creative weekend! Dying sock yarn in your garden on a beautiful spring day was a real treat after the long cold winter. I can't wait to see each of these skeins of yarn knit into socks and worn by happy feet.
    Nancy, Moscow

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What great pictures and wonderful colors. Love that Martha Washington. I wonder if you should dye a hank red, white and blue for any patriotic knitters. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It's interesting to see how you dye the yarn.

    Susan/CA

    ReplyDelete